Home Gossip News Room : Zayn Malik has water bottles thrown at him after...

News Room : Zayn Malik has water bottles thrown at him after a fan Q&A as his comeback is hit by fresh woes after the star cancelled a string of shows amid health scare

0

Zayn Malik’s comeback was hit by fresh drama on Thursday, as the star had water bottles thrown at him as he left a fan Q&A in London.

The singer, 33, has already axed 22 dates from his solo tour after suffering a health scare that left him hospitalised last month.

Zayn took part in a fan Q&A at Banquet Records in Kingston on Thursday, with a select number of fans in attendance, but things took a turn as footage showed the star nearly being hit by a water bottle thrown by someone in the crowd.

A clip of the moment was shared on X, with the caption: ‘wtf someone threw water at Zayn???’ 

Daily Mail has contacted representatives for Zayn Malik and Banquet Records for further comment. 

The event had already caused upset among some fans, after the venue shared on X that the two planned Q&A’s would be condensed to just one due to scheduling conflicts. 

Zayn Malik’s comeback was hit by fresh drama on Thursday, as the star had water bottles thrown at him as he left a fan Q&A in London 

Footage has emerged on X that showed a fan (seen far right) hurling a water bottle at Zayn as he left the stage after attending the Q&A at Banquet Records in Kingston 

They said: ‘Due to a last minute scheduling conflict, the 4pm and 6pm events will be merged. 

‘Don’t worry – the venue will still be within safe capacity. If you have tickets for both the 4pm and 6pm shows, you will be refunded for one event, if you have entered the venue.

‘Email mailorder@banquetrecords.com with ‘ZAYN merge’ as your email subject. You’ll need to include both you 4pm and 6pm order numbers.

‘Apologies for the obvious inconvenience here, due to circumstances beyond our control.’

Many fans shared their upset at the change in the comments, writing: ‘OMG Zayn is so incredibly unprofessional please never work w/him again!!!;’

‘Oh my God, so the 6pm people don’t have a chance to be close?;’

‘My friend who was waiting for the 6pm event was in front of the line and as the events are merged, she is now at the back because the 4pm people are before her, I know it’s not your fault but it’s so unfair;’

‘On the day of? When people have probably built their day around the time they had booked?;’

Earlier this month, Zayn shared that he would be cancelling 22 US and UK tour dates after he was hospitalised with a mystery illness.

The former One Direction singer revealed he has returned home and is ‘recovering well’ following the hospital dash last month.

In a new health update, Zayn said his biggest ever 31-date solo tour has now been slashed to just nine shows as he continues to recover.

The event had already caused upset among some fans, after the venue shared on X that the two planned Q&A’s would be condensed to just one due to scheduling conflicts

After the change, some fans complained on X that they would miss out on a prime spot in the crowd due to the time change

Earlier this month, Zayn shared that he would be cancelling 22 US and UK tour dates after he was hospitalised with a mystery illness (pictured)

He was due to kick off the tour in Manchester on May 12, before performing in Glasgow on May 16, followed by Birmingham on May 19 and in London on May 23.

However, the tour will now begin in London, before Zayn performs his rescheduled show in Manchester the following day.

Taking to his Instagram Stories, the singer said: ‘To my fans thank you so much for all the support and love you’ve shown me on the album release and more importantly your love, prayers, and well wishes for my health. I’ve felt it, and it’s meant the world.

‘I’ve been at home recovering and I’m doing well and will be better and stronger than before.

‘I’ve had to take another look at my schedule for the months ahead and have to reduce the number of shows on the KONNAKOL Tour. I want to make sure I still get out and see as many of you as I possibly can.

‘I’m really looking forward to playing these shows for you, and I hope to see the rest of you around the world very soon.’

Zayn was preparing for his biggest solo tour ever with 31 dates worldwide when he fell ill.

He had previously announced dates for arenas and stadiums across North America, South America and Mexico, with the tour wrapping up in Miami, FL at Kaseya Center on November 20.

It was seen as a huge milestone step for Zayn, who cancelled previous live dates due to ‘extreme anxiety’.

While Glasgow and Dublin shows have been cancelled, Zayn is still scheduled to perform in Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Peru and Brazil. 

Before his hospitalisation, Zayn had been under scrutiny after it was reported he punched One Direction bandmate Louis Tomlinson, 34, while filming a Netflix documentary.

Zayn and Louis had signed a multi-million-pound deal to travel the US where they would discuss their lives and reflect on memories from their days in the band.

But according to The Sun, the series has been scrapped after the pair got into a physical altercation – with Zayn allegedly punching Louis in the face, resulting in the singer suffering a concussion and requiring medical treatment.

The pair have reportedly not spoken since the incident occurred six months ago. 

Louis appeared to confirm his ‘feud’ with Zayn as he unfollowed his former One Direction bandmate.

Following the ‘punching’ news, Louis unfollowed Zayn on Instagram, while Zayn still has Louis as one of the 17 people he follows.

Meanwhile, Zayn’s family have requested that fans stop sending bouquet requests to a local florist to thank them for the charity work they have completed during Ramadan.

However, his cousin Sasha has spoken out to thank people for their gratitude after being overwhelmed with flowers during Ramadan. Sasha said that the family ‘truly appreciate the love’.

Writing on her Instagram Story, she said: ‘We’re so grateful for everyone who has reached out to send bouquets! Logistically, it just simply can’t work…

Offering another alternative to show support, she said: ‘But we appreciate you all so much please donate anything you’d like on Zayn’s behalf to The Palestine Project!’

The post included a statement by North West based florist, The Hidden Bouquet, which had been approved by the Malik family.

It read: ‘Due to the high volume of requests for Zayn Malik and his family, we are unfortunately no longer able to take any further orders at this time.

‘We truly appreciate the love and support shown. If you would still like to make a meaningful gesture, the Malik family would greatly appreciate donations being made to the Palestine Project via the link below. 

‘You are welcome to donate the amount you would have spent on a bouquet and leave a message of support there. The fundraiser will be checked by the family and your kind words and contributions will go a long way.’

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Exit mobile version